Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Garlic Cheese-Stuffed Pretzel Bombs









Take a moment to check out the Site Map
and view the whole site from a single location and check out all the
simple and quick recipes on the whole site from one spot. Don't forget
to stop on by and visit
Our Online Store for some great deals for your whole home inside and out.



Have
a recipe that you would like to take and either Multiply OR Divide,
then take and check the following recipe multiplier and divider tool out
by Clicking Here just a matter of copy and paste the recipe and when
your done hit a button check it out today:




Print Friendly and PDF








Finally! After almost a month hiatus getting�� this
site squared away with new hosting, layout, plug-ins, and my first ever
logo (the logo took multiple designers and iterations and I was uber
picky …I’m sure you understandâ��â��), we are UP!! So WELCOME to
the new and improved Erica’s Recipes!â��â�� Big thank to my IT
Department (my husband Joe) for making this happen. And be sure to check
out the new Full Recipe Index for a complete listing of our almost 400
recipes!



Over the past couple weeks, I have created over a dozen delicious new
recipes which I will ration out to you over the coming weeks. But let’s
start with the one I am most excited about …Garlic Cheese-Stuffed
Pretzel Bread Bombs!



So what was the inspiration for these cheesy balls of love? …I dunno. I
probably saw a picture somewhere. But I knew I wanted my first recipe
posted on my new site to be really special. And nothing says special
like gooey, cheesy bread balls. â��â��The fact that they’re made
using homemade pretzel bread�� should ��scream
tasty to you – homemade pretzel bread is just one of the greatest things
ever.



Garlic Cheese-Stuffed Pretzel Bombs



1 recipe Pretzel Bread Dough

all-purpose flour

1 egg

garlic and herb cheese (I used a Garlic and Pesto Monterey Jack cheese
from the specialty cheese section of my grocery store), cut into 1-inch
cubes

1 c baking soda

course sea salt





Once dough has risen, heat the oven to 400F. Half fill a large pot with water and add the baking soda. Bring to a boil.



Turn the risen dough onto a lightly floured board and cut into 32
pieces. Put a cube of cheese on each, and form the dough around the
cheese pressing the seams very well to seal the cheese in completely.



Working in batches, boil the dough balls in the poaching liquid 1
minute. Remove from the water to a greased baking sheet (make sure it’s
greased or the bread will stick when it cooks). Slice a small, shallow
“X” on the top of each roll with a sharp knife (be careful to not cut
through to the cheese!). Add a little water to the egg to make an egg
wash (~2 t). Brush dough balls with the egg wash. Sprinkle tops with sea
salt. Bake 15-20 minutes at 400 or until well browned. Yields 32 bites.






No comments:

Post a Comment