Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Beijing Beef Recipe


This is apparently a Panda Express recipe for their Beijing beef. How accurate this is to the original I don’t know but I decided to give it a try and I would say it turned out pretty good. Before seeing this on the Panda Express website I had no idea it even existed, which makes me assume this is not an authentic part of Chinese cuisine but rather more of a ‘made up’ dish. One thing I found interesting though is the beef is coated with corn starch and then deep fried giving it a nice and crispy texture. The sauce kind of reminded me of sweet and sour sauce only with a little kick from crushed chili pepper. The addition of onions and red and green bell peppers nearly went perfect in the dish. To leave the vegetables crunchy and the beef crispy I would recommend removing the cook vegetables from the wok before making the sauce and coating the beef with the sauce and adding the vegetables right before serving.
beijing beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment